Research Experiences for Undergraduates at University of Wisconsin-Madison
Number Theory: Arithmetic Dynamics and Modular Forms
- Yaim Cooper (MIT): Runner Up, 2007 Alice T. Schafer Prize
- Carl Erickson (Stanford University): 2007 Churchill Fellow (Cambridge)
- Richard Gottesman (Brown University)
- Alison Miller (Harvard University): 2008 Alice T. Schafer Prize Co-Winner, 2008 Churchill Fellow, 2008 Hoopes Prize (Harvard)
- Yusra Naqvi (Swarthmore College)
- Aaron Pixton (Princeton University): 2008 Churchill Fellow (Cambridge) and 2009 Morgan Prize Winner
- Brian Rice (Harvey Mudd College): 2007 Goldwater Scholar
- KwokFung Tang (University of Chicago)
- Irena Wang (Harvard University)
- Nick Wage (Appleton East High School, Wisconsin)
- David Hansen (Watchung Hills Regional High School, New Jersey)
- Daniel Kane (MIT): 2007 Frank and Brennie Morgan Prize Winner.
- Y. Cooper, N. Wage, and I. Wang, Congruences for modular forms of non-positive weight, International Journal of Number Theory, 4 (2008), pages 1-13.
- C. Erickson, A. Miller, and A. Pixton, Orders at infinity of modular forms with Heegner divisor, Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society, 135 (2007), pages 3115-3126.
- A. Miller and A. Pixton, Arithmetic traces of non-holomorphic modular invariants, International Journal of Number Theory, 6 (2010), pages 69-87.
- R. Gottesman and K. Tang, Quadratic recurrences with a positive density of prime divisors, International Journal of Number Theory, 6 (2010), pages 1027-1045.
- D. Hansen and Y. Naqvi, Shimura lifts of half-integral weight modular forms arising from theta functions, Ramanujan Journal, 17 (2008), pages 343-354.
- B. Rice, Primitive prime divisors of first-order polynomial recurrence sequences, Integers, 7 , #A26.