Hoos Connected Research Coordinator
Dr. Allen's Adolescence Research Group currently seeks to hire a Research Coordinator to provide overall coordination of the UVA undergraduate initiative, Hoos Connected. Please find the position's description and application requirements below.
Position Description: Under general direction of faculty and/or senior research personnel, Research Coordinator employees support the development, design, and implementation of research projects according to plans. They operate with understanding of research goals and objectives but follow established protocols and guidelines. Employees seek instruction in areas of complexity.
Duties will include the following:
- Provide support to 20 to 50 ongoing Hoos Connected groups at a time, including provision of written materials, coordination of extra bonuses for participation (participant incentives).
- Coordinate with Residence Life and Arts & Sciences to assure adequate space is available for both groups and supervision.
- Assist in the supervision of undergraduate facilitators leading groups.
- Manage Hoos Connected student Executive Board, coordinating their activities to meet the overall goals of the program.
- Manage social media presence of the program.
- Manage the logistics of enrollment and creation of groups for Hoos Connected, including placing 300+ students into groups and assigning 50+ facilitators to intervention and supervision groups based on scheduling constraints and interpersonal considerations.
This full-time position will remain open until filled. This is a restricted position contingent on continued funding.
Process for External Applicants: Please apply through Workday, and search for “PSYC – Hoos Connected Project Coordinator”. Complete an application online and attach a cover letter, CV/resume, and contact information for three professional references (name, email address, telephone number, and address).
Process for Internal UVA Applicants: Please apply through your Workday Home page, search “Find Jobs”, and search for “PSYC – Hoos Connected Project Coordinator”. Complete an application online and attach a cover letter, CV/resume, and contact information for three professional references (name, email address, telephone number, and address).
For questions about this position or the application process please contact Rich Haverstrom, Faculty Search Advisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Education: Associate's degree in related field. A B.A. or B.S. in Psychology or Child Development is preferred.
Experience: Equivalent experience/course work will be considered in lieu of degree.
Preferred Experience: Experience using statistical software, working with complex research designs, coding observational data. The ideal candidate will have experience with group processes and group dynamics, as well as experience coordinating complex projects involving coordinating efforts of multiple entities in a University context.
This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job does occasionally require traveling some distance to attend meetings, and programs.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.