Number Theory and Representation Theory (June 7- July 16, 2021)
- Brauer groups for elliptic curves
- Divisors of Hecke trace modular forms and complex multiplication
- Elliptic curve Tamagawa products: Arithmetic statistics over number fields
- Lehmer-type conjectures for modular forms
- Mertens-type speculations for Mobius sums over number fields
Invited Speakers (Thursdays at 3pm)
- June 10th: Jennifer Balakrishnan (Boston University)
"A tale of three curves"
- June 17th: Kannan Soundararajan (Stanford University)
"Distribution of prime numbers"
- June 24th: Melanie Matchett Wood (Harvard University)
"Distributions of class groups and unramified extensions"
- July 1st: Andrei Okounkov (Columbia University)
"Partitions, q-series, and multiple q-zeta values"
- July 8th: Jordan Ellenberg (University of Wisconsin)
“Heights of rational points on stacks”
- July 12th: Toni Bluher (NSA, Not on a Thursday)
“Dickson polynomials, Chebyshev polynomials, and Wilson-like theorems”
- Abelian Varieties (June 14, 16, 18; Instructor: Prof. Evangelia Gazaki)
- Diophantine Approximation (June 21, 23, 25; Instructor: Postdoc Jinbo Ren)
- Representation Theory of S_n (June 28, 30, July 2; Instructor: Prof. You Qi)
Topology (June 7-July 30, 2021)
- Equivariant finite spaces and topological complexity (Mentor: Walker Stern)
- Alexander invariants of trisected 2-knots (Mentor: William Olsen)
- The tri-pants graph of the twice punctured torus (Mentor: Filippo Mazzoli)
- Tarik Aougab (Haverford)
- Jessica Purcell (Monash)
- Sang-hyun Kim (KIAS)
- Henry Segerman (Oklahoma State), June 16th at 4:00pm
"Triangulating the figure 8 knot complement"
- Wojciech Chachólski (KTH), July 14th at 10:00am
"How to enable a machine to sense geometry"
- An introduction to the fundamental group (Walker Stern)
- Curves on surfaces (Filippo Mazzoli)
- A crash course in knot theory (William Olsen)
Professional development/social activities
- Social mixer
- Latex Course
- Graduate School and Job panel
- Diversity panel