Number Theory and Representation Theory (June 6 - July 15, 2022)
- Arithmetic functions over function fields
- Arithmetic statistics
- Modular forms
- Sato-Tate distributions for K3 surfaces
Number Theory Colloquia Speakers (Thursdays at 3pm)
- June 9th: Bjorn Poonen (MIT)
"Ranks of elliptic curves
- June 14th: Robert Schneider (Michigan Tech)
"Making music with logarithms."
- June 16th: James Maynard (Oxford)
"Patterns in the primes"
- June 23rd: Lillian Pierce (Duke)
- June 30th: Jennifer Balakrishnan (Boston U)
"Mordell's conjecture and the last 100 years."
- July 7th: Ken Ribet (UC Berkeley)
"A meandering history of Fermat's Last Theorem for UVA REU students"
- July 12th at 2:00pm: Jacob Tsimerman (U Toronto)
"The Ax-Grothendieck Theorem"
- July 12th at 3:15pm: Robert Schneider (Michigan Tech)
"Multiplicative theory of integer partitions"
- July 14th: 2:00pm Toni Bluher (NSA)
“Difference sets, Galois theory, and an accidental isomorphism”
- July 14th: 3:00pm Amanda Folsom (Amherst)
"Quantum Jacobi forms and applications in number theory, topology, and mathematical physics"
- June 13, 15, 17: Prof. Valia Gazaki "Abelian Varieties"
- June 20, 22, 24: Prof. You Qi "Representation Theory of the Symmetric Group"
- June 27, 29, July 1: Prof. Charlotte Ure "Beyond the Mordell-Weil Theorem"
Topology (June 6 - July 29, 2022)
- To be determined.
- June 21 and 23: Inna Zakharevich (Cornell) (remote)
- July 13: Diana Hubbard (Brooklyn College) (remote)
- Sang-hyun Kim (Korea Institute for Advanced Studies) (remote)
- Walker Stern: "A crash course on categories"
- Mark Pengitore: "Topological and geometric models of groups"
- William Balderrama: "Simplicial complexes and simplicial homology"
Professional development/social activities
- Latex Course
- Graduate School and Job panel
- Diversity panel