Organization, Time Management, Procrastination:
- Fall 2022 Semester Calendar - An Excel file to hold all the assignments for one semester, formatted to 8.5x11.
- Weekly Template - a snapshot of your time in a week to record standing commitments (ex. classes, club meetings, work, worship services etc...)
- Time Management for College Students: a recorded mini-workshop full of tips for managing your time.
- Weekly To-Do List - a template to help you prioritize items by day and to be realistic about what has to get done vs. what is a wish list item.
- New Ways to Think About Procrastination - Part 1 of a blog series on procrastination. (link includes a link to Part 2)
- How to Get Started on That Project You Are Avoiding - a blog post with tips and a template for managing projects
- Multi-Class Assignment Tracker - a list to help you keep track of multiple assignments for multiple classes in one place
Strategies to study more effectively:
- Study Strategies - a short recorded workshop on strategic ways to study
- How to prepare for quizzes and exams - a mini-workshop full of proven strategies to get ready!
- Resources to boost your confidence in STEM courses
- Tips to Manage the Workload of World Language Courses at UVA - a great blog post full of tips for language courses.
- Study Cycle Framework - try this way of structuring your study time to increase your focus and productivity.
- Study Groups: the WHAT, WHY and HOW - two recorded mini-workshops and a tip sheet to help you make the most of studying with your peers!
- Office Hours – What are they for and why go? - Part 1 of a two-part blog post exploring what office hours are and why to utilize them
- Office Hours - Helpful tips to get the conversation started - Part 2 of a two-part blog post exploring common barriers that keep students from utilizing office hours and strategies to make them more approachable
- Help! I struggle with focus! - 4 myths debunked with practical action steps and additional resources.
- Tips to Improve Focus - a handout of tips, apps, and resources to help with focus.
- How to Choose a Major You'll Love - tips to help you consider your interests, strengths, career goals, and more as you choose your major
- How to Get to Know a Major - tips to discover, explore, and seek advising for a possible major
- A Majors Fair - that sounds fun! But what do I DO there? - a blog post full of tips for exploring majors