I am a cultural medical anthropologist. My research and teaching interests are focused on how people construe and negotiate ethical problems of care. Through a diverse range of projects, I have explored: how people decide whom they should care for and how, how these values are instilled, and how they change over time.
- Reliving it All Over Again: Uncanny Temporalities of Injection Drug Use and Hepatitis C Diagnosis in Southwest Virginia, USA
- Dipo Nazzigala (I Closed the Depot)
- Not You: Addiction, Relapse, and Release in Uganda
- Collaborative Research Across Continents
- His mother became medicine: drinking problems, ethical transformation and maternal care in central Uganda
Brooks Hall 207