- ACLS Fellowship, American Council of Learned Societies, 2019-2020.
- Lapidus Center Short-Term Grant, Lapidus Center for the Historical Analysis of Transatlantic Slavery, Schomburg Center, Summer 2018.
- National Humanities Center Residential Fellowship, Research Triangle Park, 2016-2017.
- Terra Foundation Grants for Institutions, Terra Foundation for American Art, $25,000 awarded for “La Traversée/The Crossing: Haitian Art in the U.S., 1915-1986,” Pomona College Museum, Spring 2016, (PI: Terri Geis; secondary author with April Mayes).
- Ford Post-Doctoral Fellowship, Ford Foundation, The National Academies, 2012-2013. Haiti Lab, Duke University.
- NEH Summer Stipend, National Endowment for the Humanities, summer 2010.
- Ford Diversity Dissertation Fellowship, Ford Foundation, The National Academies, 2008-2009.
- Graduate Student Essay Prize, South Atlantic Modern Language Association, South Atlantic Modern Language Association, September 2008.
- Erskine A. Peters Dissertation Fellowship (national competition), Department of Africana Studies, University of Notre Dame, 2007-2008.
- French Governmental Teaching Assistantship, Fulbright/CIEE, Lycée Camille Saint-Saëns, 2002-2003.
University of Virginia
- AHSS/VPR Research Funds, College of Arts and Sciences, University of Virginia, Spring 2019.
- South Atlantic Public Humanities Seminar Director, Virginia Foundation for the Humanities, Spring 2019.
- Institute for Advanced Technology in the Humanities (IATH), Associate Fellow, 2018-2019.
- Page-Barbour Fund (with Kaiama Glover and Christina Mobley), “Enduring Questions, New Methods: Haitian Studies in the 21st Century,” Spring 2018.
Claremont Graduate University
- Thornton F. Bradshaw Programs and Endowment Fund, $10,000 awarded for the symposium, “La Traversée/The Crossing: Haitian Art in the U.S., 1915-1986,” Spring 2016
- Fletcher Jones Foundation Faculty Research Grant, 2010-2011
- Edward Sorin Post-Doctoral Fellowship, 2008-2010 (declined).
- Africana Studies Mentor Research Grant, 2006-2007.
- Henkels Lecture Grant, Institute for Scholarship in the Liberal Arts, 2006-2007, (co-author with Cyraina Johnson-Roullier).
- Nanovic Institute Graduate Student Research/Travel Grant, Summer 2006.
- Joseph F. Downes Memorial Travel Grant, The Graduate School, Summer 2005.
- U.S. Govt. Title VI Foreign Language Area Studies Grant (FLAS), Kellogg Institute for International Studies, Summer 2005.
- Summer Research Grant, Institute for Scholarship in the Liberal Arts, Summer 2004.
- French Graduating Senior Departmental Scholar, Department of Modern Languages and Literatures, 2002.
- Sr. Raymunde S. McKay Scholarship for Service, 2001-2002.